Metroid Construction Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hacks Ideas Thread

+6
Thane
Zhs2
Tentelumper
uNsane
Jathys
GF_Kennon
10 posters

Go down

Hacks Ideas Thread Empty Hacks Ideas Thread

Post by GF_Kennon Thu Mar 12, 2009 7:45 pm

Because I don't want people making new threads for there hack without content, just post your random Super Metroid ideas here, I may have a use for them if I see them as fesable...

Last edited by GF_Kennon on Mon Mar 16, 2009 8:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
GF_Kennon
GF_Kennon
Admin

Job/Hobbies : College
Game Modding Alignment : Super Metroid, Metroid Zero Mission, Metroid Fusion, Metroid
Other : Don’t tell, but I am actually Sylux.

http://metroidconstruction.sitesled.com/

Back to top Go down

Hacks Ideas Thread Empty Re: Hacks Ideas Thread

Post by Jathys Fri Mar 13, 2009 5:05 pm

If no one else makes use of this, I will eventually... If you open up the game in a tile editor and look at the Etecoon's graphics, you'll notice that the head is actually seperate from the body. This just begs for someone to impale an etecoon skull on a stake.
Jathys
Jathys
65c816 (SNES ASM) Person

Game Modding Alignment : Super Metroid

http://jathys.zophar.net/

Back to top Go down

Hacks Ideas Thread Empty Re: Hacks Ideas thread

Post by uNsane Tue Mar 17, 2009 8:03 am

I was going to do this idea for my hack, Metroid Zero Degrees, but I'm really lazy.

Anyways, my idea is to have three separate beams: Ruby, a replacement for Plasma; Sapphire, a replacement for Wave; and Emerald, a replacement for ice. The three beams are all found in the same area, a Planet Core type thing, with heat and death and FIERY DOOM, but each either requires a certain ability to access or is accessed from a different route. One-beam-at-a-time hack would be used. You don't actually need to get any of the beams in order to beat the game, but all of them are required for 100%.

Last edited by uNsane on Wed Apr 08, 2009 4:05 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : post-merge sense-making)
uNsane
uNsane
GBA Moderator

Job/Hobbies : hacking, studenting
Game Modding Alignment : MZM, MF, real life, Hell, urmom, etc.
Other : I only have 5 senses, so obviously I don't have a sense of humor.

Back to top Go down

Post by Tentelumper Mon Apr 06, 2009 4:32 pm

I've got an idea! What about someone recreating Metroid II using a Super Metroid tileset? If that has already been done please contact me!
Tentelumper
Tentelumper

Back to top Go down

Post by Zhs2 Mon Apr 06, 2009 5:33 pm

Not to my knowledge... although GF_Kennon, mister Administrator himself, is working on a hack with a similar concept (and SRX tiles from Fusion!) Have you tried making a hack yourself yet, even? Smile
Zhs2
Zhs2
Co-Admin

Job/Hobbies : Unemployed - Doom, Writing, Programming, Insanity, Creepiness
Game Modding Alignment : Doom
Other : PM me if you like "futa hentai stories." Preferably in that order.

Back to top Go down

Post by GF_Kennon Wed Apr 08, 2009 6:14 am

If you must know I was doing that Smile

But then I felt I wanted more, and so did everyone else...

And now its so much better, but I may oneday, return to my old idea for a bit of fun Razz
GF_Kennon
GF_Kennon
Admin

Game Modding Alignment : Super Metroid, Metroid Zero Mission, Metroid Fusion, Metroid

Back to top Go down

Post by Thane Thu Apr 09, 2009 9:57 pm

Is there a way to make the gravity suit no defend against heated rooms?
It would be cool to have the gravity add some defense and make liquids not effect you and then have the varia add defense and block heat damage.(the defense each adds would be the same but stackable)
Also i would like to make it so unless you have both lava still hurts you.
Would this be difficult to do?

I posted this question awhile ago on m2k2 but got no answer but I think this would be an awesome idea.
Thane
Thane

Job/Hobbies : Playing SM and SMW hacks.

Back to top Go down

Post by GF_Kennon Fri Apr 10, 2009 10:53 am

Me and Zhs2 had a quick conversation in IRC about this, it shoud not be too hard to do, ill have to ask, but by reading the log below, you can see my opinion.

16:45 Zhs2 https://metroidconstruction.forumotion.co.uk/misc-hacks-fangames-mods-f1/hacks-ideas-thread-t31.htm#345 <--- What do you think?
16:45 GF_Kennon well
16:45 GF_Kennon i see conflict
16:45 Zhs2 Huh?
16:45 GF_Kennon give me a good idea though
16:45 GF_Kennon see
16:46 GF_Kennon stop that heat bit on grav
16:46 GF_Kennon and i suspect even with varia equiped
16:46 GF_Kennon you will still be burned
16:46 GF_Kennon but give me a good idea
16:47 GF_Kennon good excuse to dequip suits
16:47 GF_Kennon cause with varia on grav off
16:47 GF_Kennon you can go through heat areas and lava
16:47 GF_Kennon and with grav on varia off
16:47 GF_Kennon go through water
16:47 GF_Kennon good idea
16:47 GF_Kennon OH
16:48 GF_Kennon make them like spazer and plasma
16:48 GF_Kennon you can only have one on at a time
16:48 GF_Kennon hmm
16:48 GF_Kennon i shall post a responce
16:48 GF_Kennon very soon
16:49 Zhs2 Sweet
GF_Kennon
GF_Kennon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by squishy_ichigo Tue Apr 14, 2009 12:32 pm

I recently got an idea that I would love to implement. But sadly I still need to learn my way around ASM first, but soon enough...

In Zero Mission when your in morphball on a chozo statues hand it recharges you, well my idea is to change the chozo statue enemy to do just that in Super Metroid.

This of course would require:
-a condition check on current energy, missles, supers, and PBs, by comparison to your total
-making the chozo statues hand ALWAYS solid
-a recharge script
squishy_ichigo
squishy_ichigo
SM Moderator

Other : Pokemon and Fruit! A deadly combination!

Back to top Go down

Post by Crys Tue Apr 14, 2009 3:10 pm

squishy_ichigo wrote:I recently got an idea that I would love to implement. But sadly I still need to learn my way around ASM first, but soon enough...

In Zero Mission when your in morphball on a chozo statues hand it recharges you, well my idea is to change the chozo statue enemy to do just that in Super Metroid.

-a condition check on current energy, missles, supers, and PBs, by comparison to your total
-a recharge script
To be honest it would be better to start working from the recharge station PLM. (Or is PML? what ever.)
Less work. :/
Crys
Crys

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver Skree Tue Apr 14, 2009 7:21 pm

Post Moded Loadification.
Silver Skree
Silver Skree

Back to top Go down

Post by DSO Thu Apr 16, 2009 11:41 am

squishy_ichigo wrote:I recently got an idea that I would love to implement. But sadly I still need to learn my way around ASM first, but soon enough...

-a recharge script

This sounds like something I'd be looking into eventually, but that's probably 2 or 3 months away as I'm currently working hard on AngryFireChozo, then I have to finish figuring out the rest of the missile/beam acceleration code, and I'm also working on some asm projects for Eris, as well as I have to finish mapping out the I'm a Genius offsets for editing FX glow effects, and finally somehow fit in teaching you some stuff as well... That being said, the statue's hand being solid sounds like the hardest part to take care of. I've already written code that handles the first and third conditions. Another part that may be somewhat difficult is to make it heal you without trying to drain the acid or walk off with you, but a simple check should be able to handle that once I know where to place it. Eh, I might as well take this as a request, since soon my plate will clear up a little. Do you want:

Complete refill after a delay (like the recharge PLM) or to watch your health and ammo be restored in real-time like Zero Mission? (Latter will be easier and IMO better, but it's up to you)
Samus to flash while being healed?
Mention any other requests for this that you wish.

Edit: Already started working on this already. Found the check for Phantoon's death and another check, but ran into some issues. With the checks disabled, the statue pulls Samus to her the moment she gets in the room (the screen doesn't update and tiles get messed up), and when it's finished Samus somehow ends up out of the room. The single check is probably reading one location to that is written to multiple times elsewhere in code, checking a bunch of conditions at once. I have to find all the other things that write to that location, so this is going to take a while.
DSO
DSO
65c816 (SNES ASM) Person

Job/Hobbies : Stargaze and hack
Game Modding Alignment : Super Metroid, Super Mario RPG

Back to top Go down

Post by squishy_ichigo Sat Apr 18, 2009 3:30 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s35b7AnIvRo <-- alittle accidental find, that I find pretty funny...

anywho... DSO: as close to what ZM does would be best. Thx for going ahead with this. I own you one!
squishy_ichigo
squishy_ichigo
SM Moderator

Other : Pokemon and Fruit! A deadly combination!

Back to top Go down

Post by GF_Kennon Mon Apr 20, 2009 6:01 am

Thats very good Squish, it can have a use you know...(at least I can see a use)

Bump:

Morphing doors Razz
GF_Kennon
GF_Kennon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down