Metroid Construction Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Super Metroid: Few Room Hack? (Release Thread)

3 posters

Go down

Super Metroid: Few Room Hack? (Release Thread) Empty Super Metroid: Few Room Hack? (Release Thread)

Post by Shadow34370 Fri Mar 27, 2009 1:30 pm

Well I was playing around yesterday with no intention of actually creating a complete hack, but I think it ended up being like a "One room hack", but with a few more rooms. Cool It is not polished, it has not been tested a million times, and it is a project that took me 3-4 hours? So don't expect perfection, but it should give you about 10-20 minutes of fun! There are a few bugs with the sky-scrolling that I didn't bother to fix, and I am sure there are some graphical errors, but otherwise the game should run fine.

Difficulty: If you can beat the original Super Metroid you should be fine. (Maybe just a little tougher)

Skills Needed for completion: Wall jumping, a little bit of space jump skill(?), and using bombs to propel yourself sideways.

Skills needed for 100%: Same as above, mid-air ball morphing.

Optional Skills that can be used: Mockball

Hidden Passage/Item Difficultly: (How hard the Paths/items are hidden. 1 out of 10, 10 being hardest) 7

Here is what 100% will look like:
Spoiler:

EDIT: Gah, I forgot to mention two things.

1. Missiles, Super Missiles, and X-RAY Scope are included to get 100%.
2. Make sure to save state before collecting Suits. I have never gotten permastuck, but there has been a few times I have gotten close.

Here is the video. I recommend only watching it after you have played the hack at least once. That way you don't ruin all the fun.

*NOTE* Patch is for a UNheadered ROM.

Few Room Hack Patch

Last edited by Shadow34370 on Sat Mar 28, 2009 8:08 am; edited 5 times in total (Reason for editing : Changed Link)
Shadow34370
Shadow34370

Game Modding Alignment : Super Metroid

Back to top Go down

Super Metroid: Few Room Hack? (Release Thread) Empty Re: Super Metroid: Few Room Hack? (Release Thread)

Post by GF_Kennon Fri Mar 27, 2009 1:46 pm

hee hee, I have been distracted again from my hack, well better get going then Very Happy
GF_Kennon
GF_Kennon
Admin

Job/Hobbies : College
Game Modding Alignment : Super Metroid, Metroid Zero Mission, Metroid Fusion, Metroid
Other : Don’t tell, but I am actually Sylux.

http://metroidconstruction.sitesled.com/

Back to top Go down

Super Metroid: Few Room Hack? (Release Thread) Empty Re: Super Metroid: Few Room Hack? (Release Thread)

Post by uNsane Sat Mar 28, 2009 6:50 am

Shadow34370 wrote:*NOTE* Patch is for a UNheadered ROM.
There is no excuse for this since I released my patch converter utility. Every hack should now come with both headered and unheadered since it now takes about 10 seconds to convert between the two.

Anyways, I'll start this in a few minutes. After I run ips_hdr.
uNsane
uNsane
GBA Moderator

Job/Hobbies : hacking, studenting
Game Modding Alignment : MZM, MF, real life, Hell, urmom, etc.
Other : I only have 5 senses, so obviously I don't have a sense of humor.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down